Help and Guidance for Voyager Family Health patients using the eConsult Service
The eConsult service has proved hugely popular with our patients since its introduction, as a way of accessing medical help and advice from experienced clinicians. We have seen a steady growth in the number of patients using this service over time and are pleased to say that the vast majority of the feedback we receive from patients is overwhelmingly positive.
However, there are times on occasion when this isn’t the case, and as a Practice we have looked carefully at how we can improve the way we handle the requests coming into us in a timely and efficient manner. To that end we have issued this guidance document to ensure that how we process the eConsult workflow is safe, fair and appropriate.
We would be very grateful if patients choosing to use this facility familiarise themselves with the guidelines to ensure we continue to deliver the best possible care we can as a Practice.
- Please only request help or advice for a single patient at a time with a single problem at a time
- Please do not submit more than one E-consult in a 24 hour period
- Please do not request repeat medication through the eConsult service.
Repeat Prescriptions can be requested from here: Repeat Prescriptions Request Form – Voyager FAMILY HEALTH & Urgent Prescriptions can be requested here: Urgent Prescription Policy – Voyager FAMILY HEALTH
- Please do use the ‘Named Doctor’ system if you have been dealing with someone in the Practice who is familiar with your problem already and who is able to help. This continuity of care often helps both the patient and the doctor.
Just please be aware that if you use the ‘Named Doctor’ system you may experience a slightly longer wait for a response if they are not in work for a day or so.
- If you feel your problem is in need of an urgent response or is an emergency please do not use the eConsult service but call our very experienced Patient Services Team who can assist you promptly.
- If your problem is quite complex, and something that the doctor is possibly unaware of, the eConsult service is unlikely to be of help to you. Please speak to our Patient Services Team.
- Requests for urgent investigations or referrals with little information are likely to be declined and merit a sensible discussion with your doctor on the telephone.
- Please do not use the eConsult service to ‘chase-up’ referrals or test results. Please call the Patient Services Team after 11.00am.
And finally, we do aim to respond in a safe and timely fashion, often before the end of the next working day.
If you have any feedback regarding the eConsult service on how you think it could be improved we would love to hear from you. Please submit your feedback here: General Enquiry – Voyager FAMILY HEALTH
Dr Brian Tighe
For and on behalf of Voyager Family Health.